TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms of Service are effective as of, and were last updated on, November 21st, 2022.
Welcome to our website located at www.foodexpertsawards.com, www.foodexpertsawards.gr and www.foodexpertsawards.org (the “Site”). The Site is provided by cibum (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Company”, or “Recording Academy”). It allows each user or visitor (“user”, “you” or “your”) to visit the Site and participate in interactive features that we may make available from time to time (“Service”). We prepared this Food Experts’ Awards Terms of Service (this “Agreement”) to help explain the terms that apply to your use of the Site.
1. Legal Terms; Consent
If you do not agree to this Agreement, please do not access or use any part of the Site, do not use the Service, and do not contact our employees or representatives.
2. Important Notice
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CONTAIN A MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION THAT, AS FURTHER SET FORTH IN SECTION “DISPUTE RESOLUTION” BELOW (AND SUBJECT TO THE EXCEPTIONS SET FORTH THEREIN), REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR ANY OTHER COURT PROCEEDINGS, OR CLASS ACTIONS OF ANY KIND.
3. Updates to this Agreement
We may modify this Agreement from time to time. We will notify you of material changes to this Agreement by posting the amended terms on the Site at least thirty (30) days before the effective date of the changes.
If you do not agree with the proposed changes, you should discontinue your use of the Site or Service. If you continue using the Site or Service after the new terms take effect, you will be bound by the modified Agreement.
5. Affirmative Representations Regarding Your Use of the Site or Service When you use the Site or Service, you represent that:
- The information you submit is truthful and accurate;
- Your use of the Site and of services available on the Site do not violate any applicable law or regulation;
- You are 16 years of age or older;
- You will comply with the rules for online conduct and making Contributions to the Site, as discussed in Section “Contributions” below; and
- You will use the Site in compliance with applicable law.
6. Our Right to Manage the Site and Service
We reserve the right, but do not undertake the obligation to:
- Monitor or review the Site for violations of this Agreement and for non-compliance with our policies;
- Report to law enforcement authorities and/or take legal action against anyone who violates this Agreement;
- Manage the Site and Service in a manner designed to protect our and third parties’ rights and property or to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site or Service;
- Monitor disputes between Users, or terminate or block any User for violating this Agreement;
- Refuse, restrict access to, or the availability of, or remove, delete, edit or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any Contribution or any portion thereof;
- Provide any updates, correct errors, or continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality; and / or
- Withdraw or amend any part of the Site or Service in our sole discretion and without prior notice.
We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Site or Service is unavailable at any time or for any length of time.
7 Prohibited Activities
You agree that, in connection with your use of the Site or Service, you will not:
- Use the Site or Service for any unauthorized purpose including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of other users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other electronic communications, or engaging in unauthorized framing of, or linking to, the Site or Service without our express written consent;
- Transmit chain letters, bulk or junk email or interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or Service or the networks or services connected to the Site, including without limitation, hacking into the Site, or using the system to send unsolicited or commercial emails, bulletins, comments or other communications;
- Decompile, disassemble, modify, translate, adapt, reverse engineer, create derivative works from the Site or any portion thereof; or
- Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Site or Service or Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any
Materials (as defined in Section “Ownership Rights”) or enforce limitations on use of the Site or Service or the Materials on the Site or Service or Service.
8 Social Media Guidelines
If you access or use any of our social media pages (e.g., Facebook) or other areas of our Site or Service that allow Users or Members to upload contributions, we ask you to follow the following guidelines when making Contributions:
- Be polite and courteous;
- Stay on topic;
- Keep the conversation relevant to the community;
- Contribute to the dialogue;
- All postings should come from a real person.
We reserve the right to remove Contributions posted on our social media pages that violate these social media guidelines.
9. Our Intellectual Property Rights
9.1 Ownership Rights
For the purpose of this Agreement, “Content” means the text, document, information, data, articles, images, photographs, graphics, designs, logos, video recordings, audio recordings, sounds, and other materials. Except for your Contributions and the Contributions of other Users of the Site and Service, all Content on the Site or Service and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained on the Site or Service, (collectively “Materials”) are owned by us, or licensed to us by our licensors. The Recording Academy and its licensors own all right, title and interest, including all related US and foreign copyright, trademark, patent, trade secrets, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights in the Site, Service, and Materials, and these rights are protected by United States and foreign laws and international conventions.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site, Service and Materials. The Site, Service and the Materials are for your information and personal use only and not for commercial exploitation. If you download or print a copy of the Materials for your own personal use, you must retain all trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices contained in and on the Materials.
9.2 Prohibited Uses
- You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of part of the Site or Service, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of Materials or code in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials;
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes;
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Site or the App for your own personal, non-commercial use, and subject to this Agreement; or
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are reasonably enabled by such features.
- You are prohibited from using the Site or Service:
- To infringe upon or violate the Recording Academy’s intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- In any manner that could affect its functionality or operation;
- In any manner that violates any applicable US or foreign law or regulation;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another User or any other person or entity; or
- In any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or Service or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site or Service, including their ability to engage in real-time activities through the Site or Service;
- You are prohibited from accessing the Site and Service by any means other than through the interface that we provide, unless otherwise specifically authorized by us in a separate written agreement.
- You must not:
- Modify copies of any Materials or code;
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text;
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from any part of the Site or Service;
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site or Service for any unauthorized purpose;
- Use any process to monitor or copy any of the Materials or code for any other unauthorized purpose;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site or Service; or
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Site or Service, the server on which the Site or Service is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site or Service; or o Attack the Site or Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to access and use the Site, and Service only for your personal use and not for any commercial purpose.
- You may not:
- Reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, or transmit any part of the Site or Service except as expressly permitted by this Agreement;
- Modify, translate, adapt, or create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Site or Service;
- Reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, or attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of any part of the Site or Service;
- Remove, delete, alter, or obscure any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices applied to the Site or Service;
- Rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or make available access to any part of the Site or Service, to any third party for any reason; or
- Remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management, or security features protecting any part of the Site or Service;
- If you violate this Agreement, this license to use the Site or Service will cease immediately and you will be required, in our discretion and at your cost, to return or destroy any copies of the Site or Service that you have made, and to reimburse us for all costs and expenses resulting from having to recreate any data lost due to your actions or omissions, and for any loss of income or opportunity caused by such violation.
11. Our Right to Terminate Users
WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, TO DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
12. Third Party Sites
REGULATIONS, POLICIES AND PRACTICES OF THESE THIRD PARTY SITES.
13. Warranty Disclaimer; Limitation on Liability
13.1 Disclaimer of Warranties
ALL CONTRIBUTIONS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR ITEMS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND. BY OPERATING THE SITE, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR IMPLY THAT WE ENDORSE ANY CONTRIBUTIONS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR ITEMS AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, OR LINKED TO BY THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, MATERIALS HOSTED ON THIRD PARTY SITE, OR THAT WE BELIEVE CONTRIBUTIONS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR ITEMS TO BE ACCURATE, USEFUL OR NON-HARMFUL. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DO NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SITE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE AND EACH OF OUR ADVERTISERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, INVESTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND OTHER CONTRACTORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, AND YOUR USE THEREOF. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF THE MATERIALS OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITE LINKED TO THE SITE, CONTRIBUTIONS, INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER ITEMS OR MATERIALS PUBLISHED ON THE SITE OR LINKED TO BY THE SITE. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY
- ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF ANY MATERIALS;
- PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SITE OR SERVICE;
- ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN;
- ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE;
- ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR;
- ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY MATERIALS POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE.
13.2 Limited Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, CONTRIBUTIONS, MATERIALS OR ANY OTHER CONTENT THEREIN. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IN RESPECT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR FOR BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OR IN ANY OTHER WAY SHALL NOT EXCEED 50€.
14. Users Located Out of the ΕU
Access to the Site or Service by certain persons or in certain countries may not be legal. If you access the Site or Service from outside the EU, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
15. Force Majeure
Company will not be held liable for any delay or failure in performance due in whole or in part to any acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control.
16. Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous understandings and agreements between you and us related to the subject matter hereof.
17. Independent Contractors
Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create an agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee or franchisor-franchisee relationship of any kind between us and any user.
18. No Third Party Beneficiaries
This Agreement is between you and us. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of the applicable right or provision.
This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision or part of a provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
We may assign our rights under this Agreement without your approval.
22. No Modifications by Our Employees
If any of our employees offer to modify the terms of this Agreement, he or she is not acting as an agent for us or speaking on our behalf. You may not rely, and should not act in reliance on, any statement or communication from our employees or anyone else purporting to act on our behalf.
23. Contact Information
If you have any questions about this Agreement or your account, you may:
Send an email to: email@example.com